Saturday, March 15, 2014

Potluck Night



                Tonight our dinner consisted of a sort of potluck which we all contributed to. We had to chosoe an Italian dish and then prepare it for the whole group. It was interesting to see what foods people chose to cook because some were dishes which have been very introduced in to American lifestyle a large amount like lasagna and pizza and there were others which you do not find so often like bruschetta. I thought it was a really enjoyable activity that we did; we all turned out to be pretty good chefs!
                Personally, I made a family recipe that has been adapted from a dish my family used to get from a restaurant in Italy, we call it pasta rolls. It basically is rolled up pasta sheets, with ham and cheese on the inside, and a cream sauce. I was a little scared to make these though because they are a dish that my brother and father used to make together; whenever I asked to help I was told no by my brother because it was “father, son bonding time.” So even though I have been eating pasta rolls my whole life and I have seen the process before, I had never made them; I was scared that I would not be able to live up to my brother and father’s process. While to me they may not have been as good as the ones from home (mainly because they were not made with the same love and bonding time), they were still very good. I was proud of my final dish and thoroughly enjoyed our home cooked potluck meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment